Staying on Track - Sophomore Year
- Get off to a good start by staying on top of all your class work! If you struggled your freshman year, come see your counselor to take the learning styles assessment to find ways you learn best and go over study skills.
- See the tutors during your lunch or study hall to improve your skills/grade in any area needed. Tutors schedules are posted on our guidance page.
- Check the clubs and activities page on the website to get information on how you can become more involved in the school.
- Homecoming in October, this dance is for sophomores, juniors, and seniors and allows you to have fun with fellow classmates outside of school.
- College Fair in October, we encourage you to attend this fair so that you and your parents can receive early information about colleges.
- PSAT Test for all sophomores is in October, this is a practice SAT test for students to take at school to prepare for college entrance exams.
- Sophomore Retreat in October, this retreat will be a memorable and spiritual day that will have a big impact on your experience at STVM.
- Naviance counseling lesson in October in all English classes to learn how to create a resume and to take the Career Interest Profiler.
- Career Connections Fair in November, this is an opportunity for current STVM students to explore career options and gain knowledge about careers from professionals in our own community.
- NCAA Parent Night in November, this is a presentation from University of Akron's Director of Compliance to go over the process of a student athlete competing in college. All parents of student athletes that are interested in playing in college should attend.
- PSAT Results will be shared in January in all the sophomore English classes, the students are encouraged to take home these scores to go over with their parents.
- Sophomore Parent Night in March, all sophomore students and parents are strongly encouraged to attend this meeting to gain information about making college visits, entrance exams, standardized tests, scholarships, etc.
- All sophomores are strongly encouraged to take any visits to colleges that a friend, alumni of STVM, family member, etc. may attend to gain early information about the college process.