Get Set for College - Junior Year
Click Here to download the Junior Seminar PowerPoint presentation by the college counselors.
Planning for College (PDF) - Junior Parent Night - University of Akron
Semester OneTimeline & Activities
- Attend College/Tech Fair at St. Vincent-St. Mary in October. Representatives from about 100 colleges will be available providing information and answering questions for students and parents.
- All juniors take the PSAT in October National Merit Scholarship Exam.
- Career and College Exploration Lunch groups are provided in October/November for any junior interested.
- Career Connections Fair for all students Career Connections is an opportunity for current STVM students to explore career options and gain knowledge about careers from professionals in our own community.
- Keep your grades up as much as possible. Junior year grades are extremely important, and are usually the last grades that will be on your transcripts that are sent to schools your senior year!
- Meet with college representatives during lunch here at St. Vincent-St. Mary, there is a schedule outside of the Guidance Office room 240.
- Begin researching colleges of interest: Websites, tours, naviance, and information in the guidance department and library may help you with your search.
- In December the PSAT results will be returned and interpreted to you in class by the counseling staff.
- Parents may call Mrs. Miller or Mrs. Taylor, college counselors, at 330-996-0023 to schedule individual parent conferences if so desired or if they have any questions.
Semester Two Timeline & Activities
- 27th - Sign up for ACT review course hosted by STVM
- 9th - Attend College Preview Night in room 256 at 7:00 PM
- 10th - Register for March 11th SAT (No Subject Tests)
- 11th - Take the ACT if registered
- 3rd - Deadline to register for April 8th ACT
- 11th - Take SAT if registered
- 17th - In Naviance complete Career Interest Profiler
- 7th - Register for May 6th SAT I or II Subject Tests
- 8th - Take ACT if registered
- 10th - In Naviance complete a college search
- 14th - Create a calendar for college visits
- 5th - Deadline to register for June 10th ACT
- 6th - Take May 7th SAT I or II test if registered
- 9th - Deadline to register for June 3rd SAT I or II Subject tests
- 15th - Potential Division I or II athletes register for NCAA eligibility at web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3 and request a transcript through Naviance
- 3rd - Take the SAT I or II if registered
- 10th - Take the ACT if registered
- Visit colleges of interest