Transition to High School - Freshman Year
- "Your GPA starts today!" - Quote from Junior/Senior Campus Ministers.
- Check the clubs and activities page on the website to get information on how you can become more involved in the school.
- Freshmen Steps to Success in September, classroom counseling lesson from your school counselor on study skills, smart goals, naviance, and how to be successful in high school.
- You will meet individually with your school counselor in September/October.
- See the tutors during your lunch or study hall to improve your skills/grade in any area needed. The tutoring schedule is listed on guidance website.
- Freshmen Parent Night in September, all freshmen parents are encourage to attend a presentation from the school counselors on how to help their student achieve academically during their four years at STVM.
- Freshmen Retreat in October, this retreat will be a memorable and spiritual day that will have a big impact on your experience at STVM.
- Freshmen Homecoming in October, this dance is only for freshmen STVM students so that you all have the chance to spend time with your new classmates.
- PSAT Test for Honors Freshmen in October, this is a practice SAT test for students to take at school to prepare for college entrance exams.
- College Fair in October, attend this fair if you are interested in receiving early information about colleges.
- Career Connections Fair in November, this is an opportunity for current STVM students to explore career options and gain knowledge about careers from professionals in our own community.
- NCAA Parent Night in November, this is a presentation from University of Akron’s Director of Compliance to go over the process of a student athlete competing in college. All parents of student athletes that are interested in playing in college should attend.
- PSAT Results will be shared in January for the Honors students that took this test.
- Sophomore Parent Night in March, all freshmen students and parents are also welcome to attend if interested in gaining early information about the college process.